Accessories to combat wardrobe funk

I've been having a bit of a hard time with my daily outfits lately. I've been getting that frustrating feeling of not having anything to wear, without being able to single out what exactly is missing. Or maybe I'm just too picky when it comes to clothes. The thing is, I don't really want to experiment with new looks or dive into trends too much. But at the same time, I'm not really buying the whole idea of having a "capsule wardrobe" either, because it feels kind of limiting. Oh, well. I've been trying to add some fun accessories to my wardrobe to break up some of the monotony, though.

Try not to mind the over-exposure. I was too lazy to try and re-take this photo, haha.
Here are some of the things that I've gathered in the past few months, I got the removable collar, bow-tie and ponytail holder from Asos. The blue moon choker is just a cheap little trinket I found on eBay. The close up photos I tried to take of it didn't turn out well, so I didn't include them in this post. It's just a velvet ribbon choker with a little crescent charm. I've yet to wear it, but it's pretty cute!


I fell in love with the rhinestones and all the different kind of sequins. I guess I'm a magpie at heart. This collar is definitely eye catching, and I think it'll be great for dressing up a plain top. The material feels kind of stiff, but I suppose otherwise it probably wouldn't hold its shape.


I love the snake embroidery on this thing. I think it looks pretty cute paired up with a collared shirt or blouse.

Okay, that over-exposure in the background is ridiculous. I'll do better with the pictures in the next post, I promise. ðŸ˜…

Lately I've been getting more into hair accessories because of how low-effort they are. I'm generally pretty bad at accessorizing, but with hair things I feel like you can just throw one on to add detail and create some visual intrigue. I really like embellished ponytail/bun holders like this one! It was just something I threw into the cart to get free shipping the last time I bought something at Asos, but I've actually been getting a lot of use out of it. 

How do you feel about accessorizing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cosmetics sample inferno

I think the above is a familiar image to anyone who's a big fan of buying Korean cosmetics online (or shopping at Sephora's webs...