Upgrading my brushes!


My old make up brushes had started to fall apart, so at the end of April, I finally took the plunge and bought a new set. My last brush set was from EcoTools, and while I liked them a lot, I wanted to try cruelty-free natural hair brushes next. I considered a lot of different options. At first I thought about getting individuals, but it seemed kind of time consuming. Plus I figured that in the end it might be cheaper to just buy a full set. I decided to go with Zoeva's Complete Rose Golden Eye Set vol. 2, because of all the good things I read about them. They were pretty pricey for me, but I think they have been worth it. I've been using them almost every day for the past month, and so far I've really loved them! There are 12 brushes in total: four of them are synthetic taklon and the rest are a blend of synthetic fibers and goat hair. 


The brushes are not only beautiful to look at, but they feel really lovely and soft against the skin. I love the shiny rose gold ferrule and the tiny engraved decorative detail it has. I smile every time I get them out for use! I even feel like I manage blend my eye shadow a bit better than before (but that might just be my imagination).


Here are my favorites from the set, from top to bottom:

227 Luxe Crease is a soft blending brush that tapers toward the tip. It's perfect for blending everything together to create smooth transitions between shades.

227 Luxe Soft Definer is a fluffy flat brush. I like to use it to apply a dome-shaped wash of color on the whole mobile lid for a simple and easy eye shadow look. I reach for it a lot when I do my daily make up.

The 235 Contour Shader is one of the reasons why I decided to purchase this set. I think a brush like this is a must have for anyone with hooded eyes. The shape really makes lid-contouring easy.

231 Luxe Petit Crease brush is great for precise application and blending. I don't have a lot of visible lid-space, which can make eye shadow a bit tricky. I need to be really careful about how I place the colors. This brush is really helpful, when I want to blend small areas and keep the color contained.


I was very pleasantly surprised by the pouch that came with the set. Usually these sort of things look and feel kind of cheap, but this one is made of a pretty nice material. I like the dangly puller on the zipper. It's very pretty! I've been very pleased with my new brush set and I want to add some of their face brushes to my collection too.

Have you used any of Zoeva's brushes? Do you have any favorites/recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. What do you use for your face brushes? I'm desperately needing new brushes! Mine aren't the best of quality after years of using them! xx

    with love, Jordyn | jordynpamela.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My face brushes are in a pretty sad state, haha! Right now I'm using an EcoTools blush brush and a Nyx skunk brush (mostly for bronzer), but I'm not super in love with either of them. I'm thinking about replacing the EcoTools one with Zoeva's Luxe Cheek Finish brush.

      Delete

Cosmetics sample inferno

I think the above is a familiar image to anyone who's a big fan of buying Korean cosmetics online (or shopping at Sephora's webs...